What is trans-inclusive feminism?
Feminism that understands identity as more than just biology. One that embraces complexities of gender where trans women's experiences are integral part of multiple lived experiences of being a woman.
What is the Trans-inclusive Feminist Campaign?
- EGP's internal campaign to ensure trans-inclusive understanding of feminism across the board of the European green family.
- Rights of trans people are at the core of feminist debates today and we want to amplify the voices of trans people in our member partiesand to send a clear message: Green feminism is trans-inclusive feminism.
How are we doing that?
- By supporting our member parties in building trans-inclusive positions in their own policy work.
- By acting as a bridge between our member parties in sharing knowledge, experiences, and best practices on how to be more inclusive within the party.
- By equipping our member parties with arguments so that the green feminists can be leaders in the wider societal fight for trans-inclusion.
Why do we need trans-inclusive feminism?
- Because there is an attempt to gate-keep women’s spaces and reduce the experiences of womanhood to biology only.
- Because trans women have been at the forefront of feminist movements and have helped build intersectional feminism from the ground up.
- Because trans people are facing increased prejudice, discrimination and violence from conservative right-wing actors and anti-trans groups and we can't allow that.
European Greens are committed to:
Support member parties in fighting for legal gender recognition based on self-determination, trans healthcare based on informed consent, and the protections of trans people against discrimination.
Strengthen our connections with actors working for trans rights and intersectional, trans-inclusive feminism in Europe
Support the participation of trans people in politics and amplify the voices of trans people in political debates.
Read more about our commitment in our resolution 'Trans rights here! Trans rights now!'