Travel to Lyon
Lyon is widely accessible by train and is very well connected nationally and internationally by rail. There are connections to many cities around Europe (Paris, Brussels, Turin, Milan, Frankfurt, Geneva and more), and the three main train stations are Lyon Part-Dieu, Lyon Perrache, and Lyon Saint-Exupéry.
To plan your specific journey and check schedules and ticket prices, see the French railway official website here or check the international section of the railway company in your country. Remember that train schedules and availability may change, so it's a good idea to check closer to your travel date for the most up-to-date information.
Travel from Lyon Train Station (Gare de Lyon-Part-Dieu) to the Congress Venue
To travel by public transport from Lyon's main train station, Gare de Lyon-Part-Dieu, to the Centre de Congrès de Lyon, you have several options. Here's how you can do it:
- Option 1: Tram T1 (direction IUT Feyssine) from the Part-Dieu Villette tram stop. Get off at the Cité Internationale - Centre de Congrès tram stop, which is right in front of the Centre de Congrès de Lyon.
- Option 2: Bus C1 (direction CitéInternationale) The bus will take you to the Cité Internationale bus stop, which is in close proximity to Centre de Congrès de Lyon.
- Option 3: On Foot. If you prefer to walk, the Centre de Congrès de Lyon is within walking distance from Gare de Lyon-Part-Dieu, and it takes about 20-25 minutes
Lyon-Saint-Exupéry (LYS) is the international airport of Lyonwhich is well-connected to many cities in Europe and other international destinations, and it is locatedat about 25 km from the city center. The airport is well connected to the city by public transport.
Travel from the Airport to the Centre de Congrès de Lyon
The Centre de Congrès de Lyon is located in the Cité Internationale area of Lyon, and it is well-connected to Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport and the city center.
You can reach the Lyon Congress Center from the airport using the Rhônexpress tram service to Lyon-Part-Dieu train station and then taking a tram or bus to Cité Internationale (See the section: Travel from Lyon Train Station (Gare de Lyon-Part-Dieu) to the Congress Venue).
Travel from the Airport to the City Center
Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport is well-equipped with various transport options to get you to the city center:
- Rhônexpress Tram: This tram service provides a quick and convenient connection between the airport and the city center. It takes approximately 30 minutes to reach Lyon's Part-Dieu train station. The Lyon Congress Center is also accessible from here.
- Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport, and the journey to the city center takes around 30-40 minutes.
- Shuttle Buses: Several shuttle bus services run between the airport and various city locations.
Find out more information about getting to the city center on this website.