Here are 5 reasons why I consider myself as a suitable candidate for a member of EGP Committee:
1. I have all the required skills – organizational, communicational, punctuality and responsibility. I have international networking experience. I am very good at coordinating and connecting people. And last, but not least, I am a conflict management expert.
2. I am a candidate who comes from outside of the “Brussels Bubble” and I have an ambition to burst it. I represent the Balkan region and a post-communist country. I have experience living and fighting for environmental justice under both regimes. I know how to simplify the messages and to adapt them for a region with relatively poor citizens. By choosing me you will also restore geographical balance in the Committee.
3. I have a unique combination of expertise both from business (customer service, marketing and logistics) and from environmental NGOs - networking and campaigning;
4. Europe is still facing a military conflict in Ukraine. It will become of greater and greater importance to have an EGP Committee member who knows the situation before the fall of the Iron Curtain by personal experience. A member, like me, who can communicate freely in Russian. We, The Greens, have to continue our efforts in solving the crisis – environmental problems and human rights have no borders.
5. I am a zoologist and environmental activist. By choosing me you will bring back the importance of nature protection not just as a symbolic gesture. I will be a direct link with our ordinary members, sympathizers and active citizens.
Some of you may recognize in this motivation letter my presentation during Istanbul Council when I applied for Secretary General. Yes, it is still valid. Of course I realize that for the short period of 6 months until the end of the mandate a little can be done.
I’d like to focus on networking activities and visibility of the work of the Committee at least in my region – Balkans. Also I’ll focus on the assessment and meetings with green parties in Central Europe and Balkans and drawing guidelines for successful elections with the help of more experienced EGP member parties.
I can’t wait see you in Zagreb!
With very best regards,
Member of the National Council