● About the European Greens:
The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Among other things, our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating good jobs, empowering young people and building a strong, democratic Europe.
● About the new digital team:
At the European Greens we're growing our digital operation as ever more people (especially the young) turn to our social media channels and website to learn about our policies and engage with our party. We're looking for talented individuals to join our brand new digital team, which will shape how the party looks and feels on digital platforms.
In 2021 our party will be developing a brand new website that is fit for political campaigning in the digital age: whether it’s displaying our policies and campaigns in a visually pleasing and engaging manner, organising our digital communities, hosting online events, or fundraising. We will also be building an intranet to facilitate internal Green Party connections. The webmaster will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying our new website and intranet in cooperation with a digital agency, while at the same time managing the web presence of our current websites.
○ Defining goals for our web presence and building a strategy to help achieve them.
○ Determining our organisation's website and intranet needs in cooperation with our team and digital agency.
○ Building and testing the website / intranet in cooperation with our digital agency.
○ Ensuring that our websites are functional, user-friendly, responsive and visually pleasing through UI/UX analysis and improvement.
○ Maintaining, updating, and optimising servers.
○ Implementing and ensuring web security and GDPR compliance.
○ Reviewing and improving SEO.
○ Managing domain and subdomain names.
○ Maintaining our database and CMS.
○ Managing online payment infrastructure.
○ Updating website content and keeping information on our website up-to-date.
○ Monitoring website analytics and reporting learnings and insights back to the team.
○ Monitoring how other EU political actors are managing their web presence.
○ Good level of English.
○ Good grasp of Green, European and global politics with strong political sensitivity.
○ Proven experience with website development.
○ Excellent knowledge of programming languages, operating systems, website management tools, CMS and digital security.
○ The organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often on tight deadlines.
○ Excellent time and project management skills.
○ Adherence to Green party values.
Not obligatory but would be considered an asset:
○ A graduate of a Computer Science / Software Engineering / Programming / Web Development degree.
○ Previous work experience as a webmaster.
○ Previous work experience within a political organisation, an international institution, a NGO or a campaign organisation focused on EU politics.
● Apply for this job:
Send the following items to email@example.com while noting “Vacancy - Webmaster” in the email subject-line.
○ A CV.
○ A cover letter.
○ A sample website from your portfolio, with a short paragraph explaining the scope of the project.
○ Links to three different websites that you love, with a short paragraph explaining why.
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday 14 December 2020. Should you need more information kindly contact our Digital Team Coordinator, Leigh Pisani, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Our offer:
○ The selected candidate will be hired on a full time (38 hours / week) indefinite contract with flexible working hours.
○ An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development.
○ An international working environment with passionate and progressive colleagues.
○ The chance to be part of a movement that is advancing social justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and the protection of our planet.
At the European Greens we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. Please indicate in your application if this applies to you and you feel comfortable saying so.