The European Green Party (EGP) represents Green parties all over Europe.
We bring together national parties that share the same Green values, being active across the European continent - both within the European Union and beyond. We’re striving for a Green transformation of Europe and its economy, that will bring about a progressive and sustainable future for all its citizens.
Our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling climate change, creating good jobs, empowering young people and building a strong, democratic Europe.
The EGP functions with the leadership of an elected committee of 9 members, and a staff of approximately 30 employees.
General tasks and supervision
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Climate campaigner. Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Communication Unit, the Climate campaigner will develop and implement our next Climate Emergency Campaign.
Specific tasks and responsibility
- Creative and strategic development and implementation of the Climate campaign - from writing compelling petition copy to donations, from real world actions to social media outreach
- Technically setting up campaigns through CRM software and our social media tools
- Evaluating and reporting on the impact of the Climate campaigns and proposing how to follow up on it
- Monitoring news, social media and the political agenda for progressive/Green topics related to Climate Emergency to further develop the relevance of the campaign
- Developing and maintaining relationships with relevant stakeholders, partners and allies (political, corporate, NGO, grassroots) and the EGP network
- Representing the Climate campaign at external public events and at internal meetings
- Organizing offline actions such as demonstrations, petition handovers, etc.
- Solid campaigning and organizing instincts
- Strong capacity to mobilise and coordinate the work of diverse stakeholders (Green member parties, NGOs, MEPs, etc.)
- Experience in campaigning, digital activism, journalism and/or copywriting
- Fluency in English and strong copywriting skills
- Quick learner of new digital tools
- Commitment to changing the society you live in and empowering people around you
- Good understanding of political decision-making processes in the European Union
- Ability to work independently when needed
- Capacity to operate in a fast-paced working environment
- Basic social media management skills
- A good understanding of how to build and manage digital communities
Useful skills and qualities
- Experience with managing political or NGO-based climate campaign
- Understanding of the Green parties local and national realities
- Technical skills (design, graphic design, video editing skills) are an asset
- Working knowledge of other EU language(s)
- Experience with CRM software and mailing lists
- Experience with statistics and data analytics
- Knowledge of how to successfully lobby for different causes on EU level
- Full time position with flexible work time and occasional traveling
- 1-year contract
- We cover external costs such as travelling for work and equipment needs
- An international working environment with progressive people from all corners of Europe
The European Green Party office is based in Brussels, Belgium. The position is full time (38 hours per week). Flexible working hours as well as regular travel are part of the job profile.
For more information
Please contact Valentin Dupouey, Head of Communication Unit on email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a motivation letter with your curriculum vitae by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14 February 2020 (midnight CET), indicating “Climate campaigner” in the mail title.
The position will be filled as soon as possible. Interviews will take place in the second half of February.