~ Green feminism is trans-inclusive! ~
What is trans-inclusive feminism?
Feminism that understands identity as more than just biology. One that embraces complexities of gender where trans women's experiences are integral part of multiple lived experiences of being a woman.
What is the Trans-inclusive Feminist Campaign?
- EGP's internal campaign to ensure trans-inclusive understanding of feminism across the board of the European green family.
- Rights of trans people are at the core of feminist debates today and we want to amplify the voices of trans people in our member partiesand to send a clear message: Green feminism is trans-inclusive feminism.
How are we doing that?
- By supporting our member parties in building trans-inclusive positions in their own policy work.
- By acting as a bridge between our member parties in sharing knowledge, experiences, and best practices on how to be more inclusive within the party.
- By equipping our member parties with arguments so that the green feminists can be leaders in the wider societal fight for trans-inclusion.
Why do we need trans-inclusive feminism?
- Because there is an attempt to gate-keep women’s spaces and reduce the experiences of womanhood to biology only.
- Because trans women have been at the forefront of feminist movements and have helped build intersectional feminism from the ground up.
- Because trans people are facing increased prejudice, discrimination and violence from conservative right-wing actors and anti-trans groups and we can't allow that.
European Greens are committed to:
- Support member parties in fighting for legal gender recognition based on self-determination, trans healthcare based on informed consent, and the protections of trans people against discrimination.
- Strengthen our connections with actors working for trans rights and intersectional, trans-inclusive feminism in Europe
- Support the participation of trans people in politics and amplify the voices of trans people in political debates.