Address: Yliopistonkatu 55, 33100 Tampere, Finland
Tampere Hall was the first conference centre in the Nordic countries to receive the Nordic Ecolabel. What does the Hall’s environmental responsibility consist of? Find out more here!
Travel options to Tampere
Tampere is located in Southern Finland, approximately 170 km north-west of Helsinki. Both domestic and international travel connections to Tampere are excellent. The city is within easy reach by air and by land.
The the most convenient airports to reach Tampere are:
1. Regional airport Tampere–Pirkkala Airport located 13 km from Tampere. The airpost is connected with Tampere with a regular bus line. The schedule can be accessed here.
2. International Helsinki Airport. There is a train connection between Helsinki airport and Tampere, and the tickets can be bought here.
Tampere is easily accessible by train from all over Finland (1,5 h from Helsinki). You can look for the schedule and buy tickets here.
It is possible to reach Tampere by bus, the schedule and tickets are available here.
More information on how to reach Tampere can be found here.
Delegates: We urge you to arrange your travel and book flights as early as possible, before the rates become too expensive. Bear in mind we will only reimburse travel tickets that are booked no later than 30 days (Monday 7th October) before the start of the Council, unless agreed otherwise with EGP office.
Local transport in Tampere
Tampere has a good public transport. Information about tickets, timetables and routes are available here.
The venue is located within 10 minutes of walking distance from the Tampere Central Station.
Tampere offers a wide array of accommodation options in several price ranges within a convenient walking distance from Tampere Hall (Council venue). Please see below some possible options:
- Solo Sokos Hotel Torni (Green key labelled - the hotel is committed to taking into account the wellbeing of the environment)
- Original Sokos Hotel Villa (Green key labelled - the hotel is committed to taking into account the wellbeing of the environment)
Delegates: EGP provides reimbursement accommodation only if the delegation is gender-balanced. The reimbursement rules depend on the category of each member party:
- Membership category A and B: Accommodation in a twin room is arranged by EGP. (Accommodation in a single room is possible for extra charge).
- Member Parties A and B should inform EGP as soon as possible on the names of their delegates and their arrival and departure times in case they want EGP to book their accommodation. We should receive this information no later than Monday 7th October.
- Membership category C and D: EGP will not book the accommodation but will reimburse the hotel rate in a twin room per delegate. In Tampere, EGP will reimburse 80€ per night and delegate (based on the cost of a twin room).
In this document you can find all the information regarding the category of the member parties and the reimbursement rules: https://europeangreens.eu/sites/europeangreens.eu/files/Reimbursement%20rules%202019.pdf
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org