The European Green Party together with Green Group in the European Parliament, Federazione dei Verdi & Green Italia is hosting the conference “Moving Ahead: Green Mobility for Healthy Cities” on 22 October 2016, taking place in Rome, Italy, from 11.00 - 20.00.
The main aims of this conference are to share Green best practices from across Europe in reducing air pollution and enhancing mobility in cities, as well as to strengthen cooperation among Green local representatives.
The conference programme features:
- Plenary sessions on urban planning and mobility, Green strategies to achieve carbon neutral cities and cooperation between the local and European level
- Parralel working group sessions on the role of taxation in Greening the transport sector, sharing mobility and alternative modes of transport
The conference will be held in English with Italian and French interpretation provided throughout.
The conference will provide numerous opportunities for networking and will be followed by a subsequent conference "Governare Green" by the Green European Foundation on Sunday 23 October, from 9.30 - 14.00. It will consist of 3 sessions:
- The management of cities in the Zero Waste era
- Inspiring experiences: 7 short talks that can ease the life of a Green administrator
- Energy of the future? How to go towards zero emissions territories?
More information on this conference can be found on their website.
representatives from the European Green Party's member parties can apply for funding by sending us a short paragraph via email
, explaining your professional activity in this field. Please note that the funding is distributed on a first-come first-served basis.
Contact us via email
in case you have any questions.
We look forward to welcoming you in Rome!