By the deadline of 1 April (23:59 CEST), the EGP office received the following valid candidacies in the motion tool for the election of the next EGP Committee at the Riga Council, 3-5 June. The mandate is for a period of 2,5 years, starting spring 2022 and ending autumn 2024.
The Candidates are listed below in alphabetical order on surname in the order of the voting:
- Evelyne HUYTEBROECK, candidate Co-Chair - nominated by ECOLO, Belgium
- Mélanie VOGEL, candidate Co-Chair, nominated by Europe Ecologie - Les Verts, France
- Thomas WAITZ, candidate Co-Chair, nominated by Die Grünen, Austria
- Benedetta DE MARTE, candidate Secretary General, nominated by Esquerra Verda, Spain
- Marjolein MEIJER, candidate Secretary General, nominated by GroenLinks, the Netherlands
- Ute MICHEL, candidate Treasurer, nominated by the Green Party of England and Wales, UK
- Michal BERG, candidate Committee member - nominated by Zelení, Czech Republic
- Joost LAGENDIJK, candidate Committee member - nominated by GroenLinks, the Netherlands
- Rasmus NORDQVIST, candidate Committee member - nominated by SF / Green Left, Denmark
- Sybille STEFFAN, candidate Committee member, nominated by Bündnis 90/Die Grünen, Germany
- Mina Jack TOLU, candidate Committee member - nominated by ADPD, Malta
- Malgorzata TRACZ, candidate Committee member - nominated by Partia Zieloni, Poland
- Vula TSETSI, candidate Committee member - nominated by Oikologoi Prasinoi/Ecologist Greens, Greece
- Keida USHTELENCA, candidate Committee member - nominated by the Albanian Green Party
You'll find the overview of the candidates with their motivations/presentations/CVs and supporting member parties HERE.
Further support *received after the deadline* can only be added by the EGP office, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EGP Rule Book articles 19.4 to 19.9 stipulate the election procedure, order of voting and further points for attention (pages 20-21).
Time for presentations will be foreseen in the council programme. The election will take place on Sunday 5 June in the morning.
To check the "call for candidates" page please click here.