Jean Lambert is Green MEP for the Green Party of England and Wales
- Coordinator of the Commitee Employment and Social Affairs
- Substitute Member of the Commitee Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- Chair of the Delegation South Asia
- Substitute Member of the Delegation India
- Member of the UK Green Party since 1977
- Speaker for the Green Party of England and Wales, 1992-93 and 1998-1999
- Chair of the Green Party Executive in 1994
- Author of No Change? No Chance!
- Member of the Campaign for Climate Change Advisory Board
- Involvement in Charter 88, the Hansard Society, the Dalit Solidarity Network, Make Votes Count, Justice and the Waltham Forest Race Equality Council
- First woman to chair the board of a building society in the UK (Ecology Building Society).
- Was voted 2005 MEP of the year in the field of Justice and Human Rights
- Member of the European Parliament since 1999