This is the first time the EGP organises a Council online, and we realise it may cause questions around security and how your data is handled. We try to be as transparent and complete as possible, but in case you still have questions after reading this information note, please write to email@example.com. All data gathered during the registration process and during the event will be used in line with the organization’s internal needs and to fulfill its legal obligations.
31st EGP online Council, will be organized on an online event platform provider, SpotMe
through Launch Interactions.
Once you are logged in, the data that you enter, or the actions that you take, are kept in the database of SpotMe, but are owned by the European Green Party. The EGP will only use this data for specific reasons, such as trouble shooting, for statistics, and for evaluation of the event. Staff of the European Green Party have access to the data, and will never use this data for anything else than event purposes, or provide or sell this information to any third parties. Staff of Launch Interactions have access to the data, but only to support the European Green Party staff with the organisation and management of the event.
Launch Interactions is a company with headquarters in the United Kingdom, SpotMe is a company based in the USA, which participates in and complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Data for this event is stored on servers in Germany.
The EGP keeps personal data about you only for so long as it is necessary, for the purposes for which it was collected or as required under any contract or by applicable law. The online event platform for this Council will be active for one year. The European Green Party is very concerned about your data, and we do our utmost to make sure it is in safe hands. If in any circumstance you think there is a problem, or if you have any questions concerning your data, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rights regarding your data
- request access to the personal data we have from you;
- request a rectification, erasure, restriction of processing of your personal data, unless there is any legal objection;
- object to processing;
- request your data to be transferred to another organisation in machine readable standard format (data portability);
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights, please contact us via email@example.com.
- Recording and live streaming of sessions and voting session by the EGP
For the purpose of taking minutes (as required according to Rule Book, Article 8.9
) the sessions on SpotMe and the voting session, which will take place on another platform will be recorded. These recordings will be safely stored by the European Green Party, for the purpose of evidence. Some sessions will also be livestreamed on our social media channels.
For delegates and other member party invitees
For the first time, the EGP and delegations will use the platform AntragsGrün (also called “Motion”) to submit amendments. The developer of this platform is in Germany, where the server is also located.
The online voting session will be done on a platform provided by Bert Beernink, who has facilitated the electronic voting at EGP Councils since 2012. He has developed a secure platform, which provides the following:
- The server where the session takes place and where the vote takes place is secured with SSL (https connection), and is located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- When logging in (with 2-step authentication) the password is sent encrypted to the server via SHA-512
- Per account, you can only log in on 1 device at the same time
- When you log in, a session ID is generated. During the vote, this session ID is used as an extra check to make sure that the correct vote cast is registered. The pages to vote on are only accessible with an active log in session.
To ensure an interactive voting session, where the audience can ask questions and comment, the platform uses an integrated and secure Zoom session. This Zoom session is only accessible once people are logged in to the session on the voting platform.
We will transfer name, email address, and role (delegate, voting delegate, expert, guest) to Bert Beernink, so relevant log in details can be provided to all participants. He will not retain this information, or use it for anything else than provide the necessary information to participants and the EGP staff.
Links to the relevant privacy policies:
The Council’s development is still ongoing, so the information in this document might change. Please check back regularly, to see if there is any new information.