The negotiations that took place between the members of the Eurogroup and the leaders of the Eurozone countries, and the developments that would follow, urged us to take action as a united Green family.
Our Greek member party, Ecologoi Prasinoi, called upon the European Green Party and its members to support Greece against the push for a Grexit.
Declarations of support soon followed, calling upon heads of state and government to support a compromise.
Below are some of member parties that issued a statement:
- Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen (Germany): Historischer Fehler der Bundesregierung.
- Comhaontoas Glas (Ireland): Letter to the Prime Minister.
- Die Grünen (Austria): Party leader Eva Glawischnig and deputy Werner Kogler state that " ... we push the Austrian government to continue to find a European solution. NO GREXIT is the order of the day, and debt relief for Greece. Don't let Schäuble and Merkel have their anti-European way!"
- Ecolo (Belgium): Notre Europe, c’est #AvecLesGrecs.
- Europe Ecologie / Les Verts (France): Grèce - Ne jouons pas aux dés la construction européenne.
- Green Italia / Verdi Europei (Italy): No Grexit senza se e senza ma.
- Groen (Belgium): Agreekment is recipe for more chaos, more problems / Het Agreekment samengevat: operatie geslaagd, patiënt overleden.
- GroenLinks (Netherlands): Ontmanteling euro is straks nog enige optie.
- ICV (Catalonia, Spain): Calen més Syrizes a Europa per poder canviar les coses a l’eurogrup.
- ORaH (Croatia): Hrvatsku čeka Grčki scenarij ukoliko naše vlade ne promjene politiku.