Applications are now closed / selection is in process
Position: Digital Infrastructure Officer for the European Green Party
Deadline for application: Wednesday January 17th
About the European Greens:
The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Among other things, our positions focus on fighting back against the far-right, protecting fundamental rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating a fair economy, and building a strong, democratic Europe.
About the position:
If you are passionate about websites, digital tools and making them accessible and are ready to become an essential support for the European Green Party's work and team, we’d love to hear from you!
As our Digital Infrastructure Officer, you will:
- Manage the tech stack of European Greens and coordinate with a digital agency, including:
- Analysing tech stack and database needs and implementing them in a consistent and transparent manner, ensuring long-term usability and performance
- Coordinating with the agency on optimising the tech stack to ensure that our websites and digital tools are performant, user-friendly, accessible and optimised for conversion
- Implementing and ensuring web security and GDPR compliance
- Coordinating with the agency on reviewing and improving SEO and conversion
- Managing domains and DNS
- Training the staff and providing support for the tech stack, ensuring consistency, promoting digital collaboration, and improving efficiency
- Develop and implement a strategy for collaboration through our Microsoft 365 office software, including:
- Managing the office software and common channels and spaces (SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Managing the password manager, 2FA, and ensuring login security
- Optimising the office software and providing training and support
- Detect new opportunities for digital collaboration
- Be the first point of reference for IT support in the office, including:
- Onboarding of the new colleagues and support troubleshooting, etc. per need
- Contact with second-line support and providers, as needed
- Research of new hardware and electronic equipment for office usage
- In close cooperation with the Communication Unit, be responsible for research and implementation of other digital solutions, applications, etc. that might be needed in the future, including conducting tendering processes.
The European Green tech stack consists of: static website using Jamstack technology and headless CMS DatoCMS, HubSpot CRM, Tito event platform, Stripe payment platform, other platforms connected via API and workflow automation tool, Microsoft 365 office software.
Deadline for application: Wednesday January 17th
Indicative starting date: Position to be filled in immediately / as soon as possible.
End date: 31st December 2024, with a possibility of prolongation
- Previous work experience in similar positions (minimum 1 year);
- Good knowledge of digital technologies, website and database management and office software;
- Good knowledge of IT tools or readiness to learn;
- Adaptability and willingness to learn, ability to find solutions through troubleshooting;
- Comfortable working in teams and providing training and support;
- Knowledge of GDPR or willingness to acquire the necessary training;
- Very good knowledge of the English language (working language of the organisation).
- Experience working with any of the tech stack tools;
- Experience with Microsoft 365 or similar tools;
- Knowledge of French or Dutch.
- A full time (38 hours / week) contract with flexible working hours and a possibility to reduce to 80% (30.4 hours / week) from July 2024. Please note that occasional work-trips abroad and, in urgent cases, unsocial working hours may be required;
- A competitive salary and benefits package (13th salary, public transportation costs, meal vouchers, etc), and work equipment (phone, laptop, mobile subscription, etc);
- A teleworking policy with monthly allowance for working from home, and policy for working from abroad;
- The chance to be a part of a dynamic team and a European political organisation;
- An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development;
- An international working environment with passionate and progressive colleagues.
The work is mainly located at the European Green Party headquarters: Rue du Taciturne 34, 1000, with occasional travel, both in Belgium and abroad.
Apply for this job:
Fill in the form here to submit an application containing the 2 following elements in one single pdf:
- An updated CV, highlighting your relevant experience;
- A motivation letter;
The deadline for receiving applications is 17th January 2023.
For more information:
Should you need more information kindly contact our selection team at email@example.com.
At the European Greens, we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation and identity, or age. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect and to promoting active political participation of persons with disabilities and of disadvantaged groups. All applicants are encouraged to submit their application and to self-identify if they wish to, on either their cover letter or CV. In case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability for the position, preference will be given to applicants from disadvantaged groups. In any case responses will remain confidential within the selection committee treating the dossier.