Cities are home to 75% of European citizens.
While generating wealth and driving Europe’s economy, they often struggle to cope with environmental, social and economic issues resulting from pressures like pollution, traffic, social-inequity or over-crowding.
The conference will explore these challenges, which many believe are opportunities to build ever more efficient, diverse, clean, fair, democratic, and overall Green European cities!
• A fantastic programme, covering a wide range of Green topics, from transport and tourism to combating poverty and women in politics. Whatever your field of interest, you’ll definitely find it here!
• Priceless networking opportunities, which will enable you to meet and learn from influential Green colleagues from all over Europe.
• When we say all over Europe we mean it! Speakers are coming from: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Barreiro, Berlin, Brescia, Brighton, Brno-Novy Liskovec, Brussels, Budapest, Colmenar Viejo, Copenhagen, Dublin, El Prat de Llobregat, Espoo, Geneva, Ghent, Graz, Grenoble, Helsinki, Kalamata, Kozani, Malmö, Münster, Nijmegen, Opava, Paris, Peloponnese, the Rhône-Alpes region, Tolmin, Trondheim, Tübingen, Uppsala, and Utrecht.
• An address from Jeb Brugmann, the founder of ICLEI, a key international association that brings together local government organisations that are committed to sustainable development.
• Speeches from prominent Green Mayors, including Eric Piolle, Mayor of Grenoble, Boris Palmer, Mayor of Tübingen, and Anni Sinnemäki, Vice-Mayor of Helsinki. We have invested a tremendous amount of time and effort to bring you the best possible line-up. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of it
Hosted by the Finnish Green Party, Vihreät - De Gröna, the conference is heading to Helsinki, a city that embodies Green urban living and can act as a role model to inspire others, with thematic excursions, from biking through Helsinki to a touch of urban gardening, we’ll certainly keep you active throughout your stay.
Social Media: Join the conversation using #GreenCities15
Practicalities: Should you have any questions, please contact Anna Yeliseyeva on email@example.com
We are delighted to invite you to join us in Copenhagen, Denmark on 2–4 December 2022 for the 6th European Green Party Congress.