Cities are home to 75% of European citizens.
While generating wealth and driving Europe’s economy, they often struggle to cope with environmental, social and economic issues resulting from pressures like pollution, traffic, social-inequity or over-crowding.
The conference will explore these challenges, which many believe are opportunities to build ever more efficient, diverse, clean, fair, democratic, and overall Green European cities!
• A fantastic programme, covering a wide range of Green topics, from transport and tourism to combating poverty and women in politics. Whatever your field of interest, you’ll definitely find it here!
• Priceless networking opportunities, which will enable you to meet and learn from influential Green colleagues from all over Europe.
• When we say all over Europe we mean it! Speakers are coming from: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Barreiro, Berlin, Brescia, Brighton, Brno-Novy Liskovec, Brussels, Budapest, Colmenar Viejo, Copenhagen, Dublin, El Prat de Llobregat, Espoo, Geneva, Ghent, Graz, Grenoble, Helsinki, Kalamata, Kozani, Malmö, Münster, Nijmegen, Opava, Paris, Peloponnese, the Rhône-Alpes region, Tolmin, Trondheim, Tübingen, Uppsala, and Utrecht.
• An address from Jeb Brugmann, the founder of ICLEI, a key international association that brings together local government organisations that are committed to sustainable development.
• Speeches from prominent Green Mayors, including Eric Piolle, Mayor of Grenoble, Boris Palmer, Mayor of Tübingen, and Anni Sinnemäki, Vice-Mayor of Helsinki. We have invested a tremendous amount of time and effort to bring you the best possible line-up. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of it
Hosted by the Finnish Green Party, Vihreät - De Gröna, the conference is heading to Helsinki, a city that embodies Green urban living and can act as a role model to inspire others, with thematic excursions, from biking through Helsinki to a touch of urban gardening, we’ll certainly keep you active throughout your stay.
Social Media: Join the conversation using #GreenCities15
Practicalities: Should you have any questions, please contact Anna Yeliseyeva on firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Ideas Lab aims at bringing together changemakers from all over Europe. Everyday activists, civil society organisations, citizens’ movements, artists, ecopreneurs and Green innovators, we come from different backgrounds but who share the same objective: bringing a positive change in society. Are you a changemaker in your country? Or are you a member of a Green party? Come and join!
Thank you for joining us in Karlstad, one of Sweden’s Greenest cities, for the 27th Council Meeting of the European Greens. The event was a great success, and we look forward to seeing you in Antwerp, Belgium, for the 28th Council Meeting taking place in May 2018. In the meantime, check out the adopted documents and re-live the Council by watching the video recordings!