Call for hosting party to organise the combined Congress of European Green Party and Global Greens, Europe, Autumn 2016 or Spring 2017
The Istanbul Council adopted the EGP Committee proposal to combine the organisation of the fifth European Green Party Congress and the fourth Global Greens Congress.
Reasons - Motivation
- Positive effect of enlarged scale - more people can participate, exchange best practices and network: Both Congresses are scheduled within a year from each other and are to take place in a city in Europe. Both Congresses are major events that attract around a 1000 people. Both organisations have limited means regarding human and financial resources. Most participants of both the European and the Global Greens Congress welcome opportunities for enlarged networking. To combine the Congresses will allow us to offer exchange of experiences and best practices at the largest possible scale as well as achieve efficiency when it comes to organisation and finances.
- A combination of these two events will provide us the opportunity to have a more global perspective for our Congress and invite Green politicians and activists for which we normally would not have the opportunity at such a large scale. It profiles us as a global movement and a party for which ecology is a global concern.
- The EGP Committee guarantees that a combined Congress still allows for a decision-making process necessary for the proper functioning of the EGP organisation.
CALL FOR INTERESTED PARTIES TO HOST THE COMBINED EUROPEAN GREEN PARTY AND GLOBAL GREENS CONGRESS IN AUTUMN 2016 OR SPRING 2017:
We invite interested parties to announce their interest to the Committee by Thursday, 19 February 2015 by proposing a city where the Congress can be held and to present themselves as co-organisers in order to allow the Committee of the EGP to make a short listed proposal to the Spring Council 2015 while consulting the Global Greens coordination in the process. We deliberately keep the date (either Autumn 2016 or Spring 2017) open to enable as many of the member parties as possible.
Member parties should present their ‘bid’ clearly stating the aims and objectives they want to achieve with hosting the Congress while taking the following into account concerning the host party and the location:
- The proposed city should be easy to reach, also for intercontinental flights
- The proposed city should be able to provide accommodation for around 1000 people in many different price categories
- If possible the time and place should be politically relevant in the context of the combined Congresses
- The party should explain how and when they can deliver in terms of organization and volunteers and financial support
- The location of the Congress should be able to allow plenary participation of around 1000 people and allow for many side plenaries and workshops
DEADLINE for applications: Thursday, 19 February 2015
Naturally, we do understand that, should you be interested to hand in your bid, you would need much more information from our side in order to prepare a serious offer. We are more than happy to either arrange a telephone conference and or meet in person with you and representatives of the board and the people in your party that are organisationally responsible, to inform you. Please do not hesitate to contact us for an appointment.
Looking very much forward to your reaction!
With kind regards,
Outgoing Secretary General European Green Party
Mob: +32 485 487 609