European Ideas Lab
After the 2017 success of the European Ideas Lab, we'll be putting together a new edition for 2018!
Are you a changemaker in your country? Or are you a member of a Green party? Come and join!
The European Ideas Lab aims at bringing together changemakers from all over Europe. Everyday activists, civil society organisations, citizens’ movements, artists, ecopreneurs and Green innovators, we come from different backgrounds but who share the same objective: bringing a positive change in society.
While respecting the distinct roles of civil society organisations and activists, and that of elected politicians respectively, we want to foster mutual trust and increase our collective ability to win on topics of common interest.
One year ahead of the European elections in 2019, the European Ideas Lab will provide a space to network, learn from each other, exchange ideas, define the struggles we share and reflect on the positive alternatives we want to bring in society and the best ways to make it happen.
Building on the successes of the first European Ideas Lab, held in February 2017, and of the regional European Ideas Lab held in Dublin in October 2017, we are proud to invite you to the next European Ideas Lab that will take place from 1 - 3 March 2018, in Brussels.
The objectives of the European Ideas Lab are:
- To provide a forum where changemakers and Greens from all over Europe can engage in a professionally facilitated and neutral space to share ideas, experiences and knowledge
- To brainstorm collectively on specific topics, connect struggles and spend a weekend in an inspirational atmosphere
- To facilitate networking and to create lasting connections between the participants, which can help inform domestic and European policy, and if possible enable the participants to identify and work cooperatively on common campaigns.
Basic principles of the European Ideas Lab include:
- Making it as participatory as possible
- No endless panel debates but spaces for collaborative thinking
- Giving as much space as possible to changemakers. We Greens are mostly here to listen, share and take stock!
More information and programme: http://bit.ly/EIL2018
The event is free, but advance registration is required: Greens.ChangeMakers@europarl.europa.eu
The countdown is now on until our pivotal Berlin Council between 23-25 November when we will come together among Greens to map out our shared future.
On top of the agenda will be the vote to elect our Leading Candidates (known as spitzenkandidaten) who will represent the Green family at European level and blaze a path towards the May 2019 European elections. Alongside this, we’ll be adopting our Manifesto and launching our campaign plan.
The European Greens were delighted to gather the green family from across Europe together with Groen, one of the Belgian Green parties, between 18-20 May in the city of Antwerp, Belgium.