The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating good jobs, empowering young people, and building a strong, democratic Europe.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The staff member will work as as Assistant for the Western Balkan region and the Eastern Partnership region as well as to the EGP Co-Chair. The position is with the Policy, Strategy and Capacity Development unit and the person will report to the head of unit.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and coordinating the EGP’s relations with its member parties and partners in the Western Balkan region and Eastern Partnership (EaP) region, including small-scale project management.
- Contributing to develop the EGP strategy in the Western Balkan region and the Eastern Partnership (EaP) region with the Committee members responsible including the organisation and implementation of missions and visits on the ground.
- Providing political support to the Co-Chair concerning their EGP-related activities, especially regarding the Co-Chairs’ political input into the work of the Policy, Strategy and Capacity Development Unit in close cooperation with the Secretary General.
- Supporting the EGP media outreach and the Co-Chairs‘ media channels in close coordination with the communication unit.
- Providing logistical and administrative support to the Co-Chairs concerning their EGP-related tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of experience in different types of projects, especially the relations with international partners and the organisation of international events
- Good understanding of the political contexts of at least two of the countries in the regions mentioned above
- Good understanding of Green politics
- Ability to work independently and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Capacity to operate in a fast-paced working environment
- Readiness for frequent work-related travel around Europe
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and of at least one language spoken in the regions mentioned above, preferably BCMS
- Ability to identify with the values of the European Greens
- Familiarity with the financial management of projects
- Previous work experience within a Green political party or an environmental NGO, preferably in relations to the regions mentioned above
- Knowledge of and contacts with the political parties of the regions mentioned above
- Knowledge of and contacts with civil society/social movements in the regions mentioned above
- Full-time position (38 hours / week), limited duration contract with flexible work time and occasional traveling.
- An international working environment with progressive people from all corners of Europe, competitive contractual conditions, salary and benefits.
- An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development.
- The chance to be part of a movement that is advancing social justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and the protection of our planet.
- The position will run until December 2024.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Policy, Strategy and Capacity Development head of unit, Lea Haas, email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send ONE .pdf document with your motivation letter and your curriculum vitae by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, 11th of December 2022 (midnight CET), indicating “Vacancy call : Western Balkans and Eastern Partnership Member parties Assistant and Assistant to the Co-Chair” in the e-mail title.
The position will be filled as soon as possible. Physical interviews or video calls are foreseen in the second half of December 2022.
At the European Greens, we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation and identity, or age. Please indicate in your application if this applies to you and you feel comfortable saying so.