About the European Greens:
The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Among other things, our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating good jobs, empowering young people and building a strong, democratic Europe.
About the position:
The Project assistant is responsible for the program for local councillors’ program, a network of Green councillors around Europe. She/he works in the Program unit of the EGP office and is supervised by the Head of Unit.
- Establishing and coordinating contacts with the member party coordinators of local councillors
- Managing community engagement on the local councillors’ platform, facilitating content gathering, encourage experience exchange, interactions and networking activities
- Facilitating the development and maintenance of the local councillor’s database
- Contributing to the designing and conceptualization of EGP projects targeting local councillors
- Developing and facilitating local councillors’ representation and engagement in different EGP projects and activities
- Supporting the comms unit in preparing briefings and in putting together content for external communication
- At least 1 year of experience in managing different types of projects, especially the organisation of international events
- Experience in working in a political party or similar
- Familiarity with the financial management of projects
- Basic understanding of database management
- Strong networking, relationship and community building skills
- Good understanding of the local level. Work or political experience in a local administration is an asset
- Good understanding of the role of European political parties and the European political landscape
- Ability to identify with values of the European Greens and the Green Charter
- Ability to work independently and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Capacity to operate in a fast-paced working environment
- Readiness for frequent work-related travel around Europe
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English; familiarity with other European languages is an asset
Apply for this job:
Send the following items to email@example.com while noting “Project assistant – Local councillors” in the email subject-line: CV, cover letter.
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 26 February 2021. Should you need more information, kindly contact the Head of Unit Program, Petra Skuljevic, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The selected candidate will be hired on a full time (38 hours / week) indefinite contract with flexible working hours.
- An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development.
- An international working environment with passionate and progressive colleagues.
- The chance to be part of a movement that is advancing social justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and the protection of our planet.
At the European Greens, we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. Please indicate in your application if this applies to you and you feel comfortable saying so.