Title: Political advisor – Southern Member parties relations assistant
The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating good jobs, empowering young people, and building a strong, democratic Europe.
About the position
The staff member will work as Southern Member parties relations assistant in the Policy, Strategy and Capacity Development unit and report to the Head of Unit. The position is intended to build up the EGP Capacity and knowledge ahead of the European elections in 2024.
Tasks and responsibilities
Developing and coordinating the EGP’s relations with its member parties in Southern Europe (Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Malta), including coordination with relevant partners, as well as small-scale project management.
Liaising with the EGP’s partners in the above-mentioned countries including Green partners and other relevant stakeholders.
Contributing to develop the EGP strategy in Southern Europe ahead of the 2024 EU elections with the Committee members responsible for the region and organizing missions and visits on the ground.
Working in cooperation with the other members of the Unit and of the team for the preparation of a Pan-European EU election campaign in 2024.
Following the main political debates, current affairs and elections in the above-mentioned region to inform the Secretary General and relevant members of the Committee as well as contributing to craft relevant messages with the members of the communications team.
Required skills and qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience in different types of projects, especially the relations with international partners and the organisation of international events
- Good understanding of the political contexts of at least two of the countries listed in the job description
- Good understanding of Green and European politics
- Ability to work independently and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Capacity to operate in a fast-paced working environment
- Readiness for frequent work-related travel around Europe
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and of at least one language spoken in the region
- Ability to identify with the values of the European Greens
- Familiarity with the financial management of projects
- Previous work experience within a political party or organisation, a NGO or a campaign organisation
- Knowledge and contacts with the political parties of the region
- Knowledge and contacts with civil society/social movements in the region
- Full-time position (38 hours / week) indefinite contract with flexible work time and occasional traveling.
- An international working environment with progressive people from all corners of Europe, competitive contractual conditions, salary and benefits.
- An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development.
- The chance to be part of a movement that is advancing social justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and the protection of our planet.
For more information
Please contact Policy, Strategy and Capacity Development Head of Unit, Vesna Jusup, email@example.com.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a motivation letter with your curriculum vitae by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 19 September 2022 (midnight CET), indicating “Member parties South” in the mail title.
The position will be filled as soon as possible.
The written test and interviews for this position via physical interview or video call are foreseen for the last week of September and first week of October 2022.
At the European Greens, we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation and identity, or age. Please indicate in your application if this applies to you and you feel comfortable saying so.