Dear journalists, dear correspondents,
We would like to invite you to the 35th European Green Party Council that will take place in Riga, Latvia on June 3-5 2022.
As Europe is entering a new paradigm, the European Greens family will engage in crucial discussions for the future of Europe: How can we secure the sovereignty of European countries? What is the best path to energy independence? How can we ensure a just transition in times of crisis? And most importantly – what should our approach be to enhance freedom, peace, and democracy in Europe?
Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has been unequivocally condemned by the Green family, and we must do our utmost to stand with the people of Ukraine. The threat that Putin’s war poses to freedom, peace and democracy in Europe must not be underestimated. We will be discussing our defence and security policy, including our policies on humanitarian support, welcoming refugees, the importance of cybersecurity and the role of disinformation, as well as the evolution of the NATO alliance.
In particular we would like to invite you to:
Key press moments
- Press briefing: The Greens and the Future of Europe - Governing in a new paradigm
- Friday 3rd June - 12:00 - 12:30 (Riga time - 11:00 CET)
- Thomas Waitz, European Green Party Co-chair and MEP
- Kaspars Briškens, Progresīvie
- Official opening of the 34rd EGP Council
- Friday 3rd June - 15:00 - 15:30
- Evelyne Huytebroeck, European Green Party Co-chair
- Antoņina Ņenaševa, Progresīvie Co-chair
- Keynote session 1
- Friday 3rd June - 15:30 - 15:45
- Dritan Abazović, Prime Minister of Montenegro
- Keynote session 2 (Online address)
- Friday 3rd June - 18:00 - 18:30
- Anna Lührmann, Minister of State for Europe and Climate, Germany
- Keynote session 3
- Saturday 4th June - 09:30 - 10:00
- Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner of Environment, Oceans and Fisheries
Upon request, we are happy to give you access to all public sessions (find the full programme here).
In particular, we are organising a public movie screen on Thursday 2nd June at 19:00. We will be screening My Favorite War, followed by a debate with the film's director, Ilze Burkovska Jacobsen. The screen will take place at Splendid Palace.
More details and specific requests for interviews can be addressed to our Head of communications:
+32 485 93 99 26
Please provide us with the following details and we’ll get back to you shortly confirming your registration: