The European Green Party Office is preparing for the 2014 common Green European election campaign. We will present the political work and the Green politicians of the Greens to the voter and will function as a hub of ideas, actions and activities for the Member Parties. The European Green Party will organise an open online pan-European primary in the run up of the election campaign. Currently, 12 people work in the European Green Party office.
To strengthen our press work we seek a
The press officer is responsible for the development, the coordination and the execution of the EGP's press and media work. Within the media team, together with one other person, he or she drafts news, press releases and articles and contributes to the overall media work of the European Green Party. In close cooperation with the party’s Co-Chairs and the Secretary General, he or she develops a press and media strategy and coordinates its execution. The press officer liaises with the Brussels media on a daily basis and, where appropriate, with the national media in cooperation with the national press officers. The press officer translates green policies into images, messages and other means of communication that are able to reach out to people, enhance the profile of the European Green Party, strengthen the profile of the Co-Chairs of the European Green Party and the to-be-elected Green Leading Candidates.
Position within the organisation
The press officer works under the responsibility of the Secretary General of the EGP and functions as part of the media and campaign team. The press officer works in close cooperation and coordination with the Co-Chairs, the Secretary General and the Campaign Manager of the European Green Party.
- develop a press / media strategy and coordinate its execution
- regularly report to the Secretary-General and the Co-Chairs on press and media activities and on the progress in regard to the strategy
- draft press releases, news articles and other online contents
- organise and coordinate press conferences and similar media events together with the media team
- maintain contacts with the Green national press officers and European press officers
- build and maintain a wide media and press network
- promote the European Green Party within the European and national media
- react to printed and online news concerning the EGP and the European elections
- strengthen and support the campaign press activities
- strengthen the profile of the European Green Party and its Co-Chairs
- support the translation of green politics into clear messages with written text/photos/messages/videos
The press officer:
- has knowledge of and interest in European and national green politics as well as in party politics and in regard to political institutions
- has strong strategic skills and a pronounced sense of responsibility
- can work on short deadlines and under stress, is able to set clear priorities
- has experience in political communication preferably during political campaigns
- is a pro-active generalist and a team player
- is an excellent networker
- has an excellent command of the English language
- other European languages are a plus
- has a record in applying social media for strategic communication
- is able to create considerable output with limited means as regards time and support
General requirements EGP office staff
The EGP office will remain relatively small in numbers. The people in the office are professionals that are highly skilled, motivated and work with a pro-active and responsible work attitude. They can function on a high level of independency while keeping in mind the common goal, having an added value when it comes to other work to be performed in the office. Independent, reliable, being able to communicate effectively in a multinational organisation are key words. Every functionary must be an excellent networker and have a high social intelligent way of interacting. A strong output based focus and prioritization is essential to create a constructive outcome, since the workload will remain high due to the nature of the growing international organisation and the upcoming election campaign.
The European Green Party Press officer is based at the Brussels office of the EGP organisation. The position is full time (38 hours a week). Flexible working hours as well as regular travel are part of the international job background. The remuneration is euro 1900 gross per month. Belgian tax and social security system are applicable to the salary.
Please contact Jacqueline Cremers, EGP Secretary General for more information either by phone (+32.485.487.609) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and have a look on www.europeangreens.eu.
If you want to apply for this function, please send a motivation letter with a Curriculum Vitae by email to email@example.com before July 3, 2013.
After July 3 the selection Committee, Monica Frassoni, Reinhard Bütikofer and Jacqueline Cremers, will make a selection based on the criteria and job requirements mentioned above. A first round of interviews is scheduled for July 10 in Brussels.
The position of a Press Officer is available from now on and needs to be filled in at the earliest possible moment. The position is to coordinate and execute the communication work until the 2014 European elections.
Do not hesitate to contact Jacqueline Cremers +32.485.487.609, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|vacancy ad EGP press officer.pdf||202.68 KB|