EGP Resolution adopted at the 30th EGP Council in Tampere, 8-10 November 2019
The purpose of this resolution is to:
- Affirm the importance of the Global Greens as the confederation of Green political parties and organisations around the world. We are dedicated to implementing with solidarity our common values of participatory democracy, sustainability, social justice, nonviolence, respect for diversity and ecological wisdom.
- Announce that the 5th Global Greens (GG) Congress will be held jointly with the Asia Pacific Greens Federation (APGF) and hosted by Green Party Korea (GPK) in Seoul, South Korea, summer 2021.
- Motivate all Federations and Parties of the Global Greens to be actively involved in the organisation of a “Global Democratic and Climate Smart Congress 2021”.
- Suggests that the Global Greens invite representatives of people’s non-violent movements to attend or participate in any way.
Global Greens congresses must be increasingly climate-smart and exemplars of our common values.
To enable participation without traveling long-distance, all Green Parties are invited to host a congress session in their home country which will be broadcast and integrated into the global programme. This is an exciting opportunity to:
- Raise awareness about each country’s politics and party to people across 100+ countries as well as to reach voters and media of each country;
- Receive input from Greens colleagues around the world on an issue important to green parties on the topic of climate & democracy.
We, the European Greens with the Global Greens
- Propose that session details will be discussed in a GG Congress Forum. This is one 45 minutes webinar to talk together about different ways a session could be organised in each country or region and integrated into a coherent global event. Follow-up discussions can be organised bilaterally as activities get underway.
- Invite our European Green Party Members to nominate at least 1 person to participate in the GG Congress Forum and to enable the organisation of their Green Party’s session at the global congress.
Nominations should be made through this form: www.globalgreens.org/forms/gg-congress-2021-local-coordinators by 15 December 2019.