You should fill in the registration form
for the Council, which is hosted on the website of the European Green Party. Once you have registered, your name and email address will be securely transferred to the online Council platform on SpotMe. This is necessary in order to send you login details to enter the online event platform. The information you provide is necessary for the EGP to check if the right people are registered, and grant access to those who should be in the Compromise Amendment Sessions and/or in the voting session of the Council. We double check the registration information with the information received through the member parties.
The 33rd EGP online Council will be organized on the event platform provider SpotMe
through Launch Interactions.
Once you are logged in, the data that you enter, or the actions that you take, are kept in the database of SpotMe, but are owned by the European Green Party. The EGP will only use this data for specific reasons, such as trouble shooting, for statistics, and for evaluation of the event. Staff of the European Green Party have access to the data, and will never use this data for anything else than event purposes, or provide or sell this information to any third parties. Staff of Launch Interactions have access to the data, but only to support the European Green Party staff with the organisation and management of the event.
Launch Interactions is a company with headquarters in the United Kingdom, SpotMe is a company based in the USA, which participates in and complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Data for this event is stored on servers in Germany.
The EGP keeps personal data about you only for so long as it is necessary, for the purposes for which it was collected or as required under any contract or by applicable law. The online event platform for this Council will be active for one year. The European Green Party is very concerned about your data, and we do our utmost to make sure it is in safe hands. If in any circumstance you think there is a problem, or if you have any questions concerning your data, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rights regarding your data
- request access to the personal data we have from you;
- request a rectification, erasure, restriction of processing of your personal data, unless there is any legal objection;
- object to processing;
- request your data to be transferred to another organisation in machine readable standard format (data portability);
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights, please contact us via email@example.com.
- Recording and live streaming of sessions and voting session by the EGP
For the purpose of taking minutes (as required according to Rule Book, Article 8.9
) the sessions on SpotMe and the voting session, which will take place on another platform
will be recorded. These recordings will be safely stored by the European Green Party, for the purpose of evidence. Some sessions from the public event (28 & 29 May 2021) will also be livestreamed on on our social media channels, and this will always be clearly indicated in the programme on the website and on the event platform.
For delegates and other member party invitees
The EGP and delegations will use the platform AntragsGrün (also called “Motion”) to submit amendments. The developer of this platform is in Germany, where the server is also located.
The online voting session will be done on a platform provided by Bert Beernink, who has facilitated the electronic voting at EGP Councils since 2012. He has developed a secure platform, which provides the following:
- The server where the session takes place and where the vote takes place is secured with SSL (https connection), and is located in Hengelo, the Netherlands
- When logging in (with 2-step authentication) the password is sent encrypted to the server via a salted PBKDF2 HMAC SHA-256 hash.
- Per account, you can only log in on 1 device at the same time
- When you log in using your email and password and complete the MFA verification, a unique token is generated which associates your current session to the user you are logged with.
- This unique token is used to validate if the logged in user is allowed to access the meeting.
- During voting this token is used to verify if the user is allowed to vote, and if this is the case, the token is used to store the vote.
- A user is only able to cast a vote if a valid token is provided and the user hasn't already casted a vote for the vote subject.
We will transfer name, email address, and role (delegate, voting delegate, expert, guest) to Bert Beernink, so relevant log in details can be provided to all participants. Bert Beernink will retain this information until the end of the meeting and will delete it afterwards. This information will not be used for anything else than provide the necessary information to participants and the EGP staff.
Links to the relevant privacy policies: