You are here:Home / Spring Council Open for registration
31 March 2012
Spring Council Open for registration
Preparation for the 16th EGP Council is well underway, and this week we have opened registration for delegates and those others interested in attending. The Council is to be held at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in lovely Copenhagen from 11th-13th May and will be co-hosted by our partners in Danish Party SF (the Socialist People’s Party), who recently succeeded in getting into the Danish government for the first time. This will be something of a ‘super-Council’, as the Greens from the European Parliament have seized the opportunity to meet with SF to discuss the Danish presidency of the EU at the same time.
The theme of the council is the Green Economy, and how we as Greens can help to use making the economy more sustainable as an engine for job creation. Along with our partners in SF, we also hope to discuss the social dimension of the New Green Deal.
In conjunction with the plenary sessions focusing on these themes, there will be workshops and meetings of the EGP’s various working groups. These will range from discussions on the newly launched European Citizens Initiative to the Energy Roadmap 2050 process. More details about the programme will be available on the Council website as it becomes available.
Policy papers from the GND Social Dimension and GND Agriculture Dimension working groups will be presented for debate and voting, and can be seen along with the other resolutions here. You can find details of the procedure for resolutions and amendments here.
For the first time, we are availing of our new online Customer Relationship Management system as part of the new Council website. This allows for a dynamic management of all participants’ records and information and will greatly improve the efficiency of the registration and proposals process. To begin using it and register for the Council, you just need to follow the easy steps below!
- To create an account in the EGP system please follow this link. As user name please write your "firstname.lastname" (small letters, with dot).
- After this you should receive an email almost immediately from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
"An administrator created an account for you at Copenhagen" (check your spam folder). Use the link in the mail to activate your account and set your password.
2. Then, to register for the Copenhagen Council:
-please go hereand log in with your "firstname.lastname" and your password.
- After submitting your registration you will receive a confirmation email from "EGP" with subject line
"Confirmation email EGP Copenhagen Council"
- With your login and password you can access your registration details at any time and add or correct (but no later than one week before Council).
3. In case you forgot your password please go here and request a new password with your email address.
You can follow the latest developments on the Council website as it will be regularly updated, but by registering you will ensure you get all the latest information as it comes out. We look forward to seeing you in Copenhagen in May!